Term 4 six-a-side football
Run by Upper Hutt City Football Marauders social team
- Combined teams: 8+9 Grades / 10,11+12 Grades / 13+14 Grades
- Fridays 20 October – 22 December (Thursdays if demand)
- From 5pm onwards
- $40/week per team for 10 weeks
- Maidstone Park Turf
We’re all about having fun so there’ll be random free sausage sizzles, free ice blocks and spot prizes each week. Prizegiving at the end of the 10 weeks will include trophies, not-your-usual awards and maybe even a prize like fees paid for next year….
Here’s how we’ll play:
- 6 players on the field at one time (including a keeper).
- Subs can only come on once exiting player has come off, this must be done at half way and with a tag on hands.
- Warm ups only on the warm up pitch.
- All teams must give 72 hours (3 days) notice of a default.
- Game can start when a team has 4 players.
- Games to start from 5pm in 35 minute intervals after that.
- 2 x 15 minute halves and 1 min half time.
- Every one minute late to kick off concedes a goal to the opposition team who is waiting.
- Play goes ahead in all weather.
- You can score from anywhere on the pitch, but not directly from a throw in or a free kick.
- Throw-ins as normal. Teams please assist in retrieving over shot balls (out of bounds), 3 balls per game will be available to ensure continuous play.
- No off-sides.
Joker card bonus:
- Each team will get 1 joker card for the season to be used any week they choose except the final week. If used the game changes to „last goal wins“.
Pitch / goal size
- Length of playing pitch = width of the full sized turf – markers will be set.
- Goal size may change from full size one week, too smaller the next randomly.
- Goal boxes are up to 10 metres in front of the goal line spreading the full width of the playing pitch.
Free kicks, penalty & dead balls
- All free kicks are to be taken from where the foul occurred or behind the mark if it’s to be taken quickly.
- All defending players must be 5m from the ball until the ball has been played, unless taken quickly.
- There are no direct penalties, only free kicks or in-direct.
- The ref may choose to complete a drop ball if he/she stops play, or award a free kick.
- No riding or pushing a player from behind.
- No soles up challenges.
- No dangerous play or slide tackles.
- Keep elbows down.
- No abusive language.
- No hand balls.
- No time wasting.
- If a team has committed five fouls in quick succession, there will be a free kick given to the opposing team. The player who commits the final foul will spend 5 minutes in the bin, the team cannot bring on another player during this 5 min period or make any subs. If any dispute, the referee can elect to restart the game with a ball drop or award a free kick.
- Goalkeepers can leave the goal box at anytime to join play up field.
- If goalkeeper picks up the ball outside of the markers = free kick.
- Goalkeepers can be rotated but the ref must be notified to stop play as this happens.
- Goalkeepers can distribute the ball anyway he/she chooses.
- Goal kicks to be taken from anywhere along the 10 metre goalkeeper box.
- If the ball strikes the referee, the team who had immediate possession retains the ball.
Referee’s decision is always final.
- $40 per night per team for 10 weeks
- Full payment of $400 must be made by the 3 November – cash before you play is fine till then.
- Payments to “Upper Hutt City Marauders” 06-0773-0335478-00 – use your team name for the reference.
Questions / feedback / complaints
Directly to the organiser: Dan McKissock – 027 264 4314 – email@example.com