Thank you to everyone who joined us (in sometimes miserable conditions), in support of the Football with Heart event yesterday.
Our football family really showed up for each other, in an afternoon filled with banter and laughter, hugs and the occasional tear – and some quality football of course!
Shout out to the following:
- Barry Buchanan and Matt Harrison for giving up their Saturday and reffing the games.
- Callum and Kieran for getting two highly competitive Public and Private teams together.
- Chris Jones and Farrah’s for the raffle, and Chris’ support in liaising with Voices of Hope.
- Katie and Sarah for organizing the women with great numbers turning up on the day.
- Rosa for being everywhere at once with her camera as usual.
- Gillian for the comms, support and wisdom for the last few weeks and on the day.
And of course, a massive THANK YOU to Phil Dobbin (Dobby) for not only pulling together the event, but also his heartfelt words on the day. You’d struggle to find someone with a bigger heart when it comes to looking out for our club members, so once again, thank you Dobby.
Finally, thanks to everyone who donated to Voices of Hope. If you haven’t already, you can still make a donation at https://givealittle.co.nz/org/voices-of-hope
Thanks again team. Look after each other and we’ll see you again next year!