UPDATE: 2 November 2019
Hi folks, unfortunately the JUNIOR summer football tournament has been CANCELLED due to lack of numbers.
Thanks to Dan and the Marauders team for trying to organise football for our juniors over the summer… maybe next year
Here’s something a little different to keep the kids fit and having loads of fun with their football friends over the summer!
Run over ten Wednesday nights this summer for our 10-14 yr olds with half full sized pitches, joker cards, prizes galore, and rules made for fun and run by Upper Hutt City Football Marauders social team.
What: Combined teams: 10th,11th grade and 12th, 13th,14th grade
When: Starts Wed 13 November for 5 weeks (stop for Xmas) restart Wed 15 January for 5 weeks
Kick-off times will be 5:35pm / 6:10pm / 6:45pm / and 7:20pm
Cost: $40 per week for 10 weeks (8 players $5 each)
Where: Maidstone Park Turf
How to register / questions:
Please contact the organisers, Dan McKissock 027 264 4314 or Brent Windelburn 0212415982
Here’s how we’ll play:
- 6 players on the field at one time (including a keeper).
- Subs can only come on once exiting player has come off, this must be done at half way and with a tag on the hands.
- Warm ups only on the warm up pitch.
- All teams must give 72 hours (3 days) notice of a default.
- Game can start when a team has 4 players.
- Kick-off times will be 5:35pm / 6:10pm / 6:45pm / and 7:20pm
- 2 x 15 minute halves and 5 min half time.
- Every one minute late to kick off concedes a goal to the opposition team who is waiting.
- Play goes ahead in all weather.—apart from lightening storms
- You can score from anywhere on the pitch, but not directly from a throw in or a free kick.
- Throw-ins as normal. Teams please assist in retrieving over shot balls (out of bounds), 3 balls per game will be available to ensure continuous play.
- No off-sides.
Joker card bonus:
- Each team will get 4 joker cards for the season to change the game to “last goal wins”. Can be used any week they choose except the finals week.
Pitch / goal size
- Length of playing pitch = width of the full sized turf – markers will be set.
- Goal size may change from full size one week, too smaller the next randomly.
- Goal boxes are up to 10 metres in front of the goal line spreading the full width of the playing pitch.
Free kicks, penalty & dead balls
- All free kicks are to be taken from where the foul occurred or behind the mark if it’s to be taken quickly.
- All defending players must be 5m from the ball until the ball has been played, unless taken quickly.
- There are no direct penalties, only free kicks or in-direct.
- The ref may choose to complete a drop ball if he/she stops play, or award a free kick.
- No riding or pushing a player from behind.
- No feet up challenges.
- No dangerous play or slide tackles.
- Keep elbows down.
- No abusive language.
- No hand balls.
- No time wasting.
- If a team has committed five fouls in quick succession, there will be a free kick given to the opposing team. The player who commits the final foul will spend 5 minutes in the bin, the team cannot bring on another player during this 5 min period or make any subs. If any dispute, the referee can elect to restart the game with a ball drop or award a free kick.
- Goalkeepers can leave the goal box at any time to join play up field.
- If goalkeeper picks up the ball outside of the markers = free kick.
- Goalkeepers can be rotated but the ref must be notified to stop play as this happens.
- Goalkeepers can distribute the ball any way he/she chooses.
- Goal kicks to be taken from anywhere along the 10 metre goalkeeper box.
- If the ball strikes the referee, the team who had immediate possession retains the ball.
- Referee’s decision is final.
- $40 per night for 10 weeks
- Full payment of $400.
- Payments by direct to Upper Hutt City Marauders 06-0773-0335478-00 , ANZ Bank – use your team name to identify your payment