Here’s something a little different on ten Wednesday nights this summer for our 10-14 yr olds with half full sized pitches, joker cards, prizes galore, and rules made for fun and run by Upper Hutt City Football Marauders social team.
What: Combined teams: 10th,11th grade and 12th, 13th,14th grade
When: Starts Wed 13 November for 5 weeks (stop for Xmas) restart Wed 15 January for 5 weeks
Kick-off times will be 5:35pm / 6:10pm / 6:45pm / and 7:20pm
Cost: $40 per week for 10 weeks (8 players $5 each)
Where: Maidstone Park Turf
Here’s how we’ll play:
- 6 players on the field at one time (including a keeper).
- Subs can only come on once exiting player has come off, this must be done at half way and with a tag on the hands.
- Warm ups only on the warm up pitch.
- All teams must give 72 hours (3 days) notice of a default.
- Game can start when a team has 4 players.
- Kick-off times will be 5:35pm / 6:10pm / 6:45pm / and 7:20pm
- 2 x 15 minute halves and 5 min half time.
- Every one minute late to kick off concedes a goal to the opposition team who is waiting.
- Play goes ahead in all weather.—apart from lightening storms
- You can score from anywhere on the pitch, but not directly from a throw in or a free kick.
- Throw-ins as normal. Teams please assist in retrieving over shot balls (out of bounds), 3 balls per game will be available to ensure continuous play.
- No off-sides.
Joker card bonus:
- Each team will get 4 joker cards for the season to change the game to “last goal wins”. Can be used any week they choose except the finals week.
Pitch / goal size
- Length of playing pitch = width of the full sized turf – markers will be set.
- Goal size may change from full size one week, too smaller the next randomly.
- Goal boxes are up to 10 metres in front of the goal line spreading the full width of the playing pitch.
Free kicks, penalty & dead balls
- All free kicks are to be taken from where the foul occurred or behind the mark if it’s to be taken quickly.
- All defending players must be 5m from the ball until the ball has been played, unless taken quickly.
- There are no direct penalties, only free kicks or in-direct.
- The ref may choose to complete a drop ball if he/she stops play, or award a free kick.
- No riding or pushing a player from behind.
- No feet up challenges.
- No dangerous play or slide tackles.
- Keep elbows down.
- No abusive language.
- No hand balls.
- No time wasting.
- If a team has committed five fouls in quick succession, there will be a free kick given to the opposing team. The player who commits the final foul will spend 5 minutes in the bin, the team cannot bring on another player during this 5 min period or make any subs. If any dispute, the referee can elect to restart the game with a ball drop or award a free kick.
- Goalkeepers can leave the goal box at any time to join play up field.
- If goalkeeper picks up the ball outside of the markers = free kick.
- Goalkeepers can be rotated but the ref must be notified to stop play as this happens.
- Goalkeepers can distribute the ball any way he/she chooses.
- Goal kicks to be taken from anywhere along the 10 metre goalkeeper box.
- If the ball strikes the referee, the team who had immediate possession retains the ball.
- Referee’s decision is final.
- $40 per night for 10 weeks
- Full payment of $400.
- Payments by direct to Upper Hutt City Marauders 06-0773-0335478-00 , ANZ Bank – use your team name to identify your payment
Questions / feedback / complaints
All feedback directly to the organiser: Dan McKissock 027 264 4314 or Brent Windelburn 0212415982