Updated 9 April 2019
We’re keen to boost the ranks with more people who are willing to share their skills and know-how. Helping out doesn’t mean countless committee meetings!
We’d like to fill these roles:
- Event day helpers – to help look after activities, pick up a paintbrush, get behind a BBQ or be meters and greeters.
- Junior secretary – to take notes at monthly junior meetings and share them with the team.
- Junior events coordinator – to help arrange a couple of fun days like “Orange Day” throughout the season.
- Junior captain – to lead the junior grade managers and other support roles within the wider junior team. This role reports to the senior executive and is suited to someone with strong leadership and communication skills. Governance experience is a bonus.
- Junior vice-captain – to support the junior captain, provide advice and liaise with the club executive.
- Club marketing manager – to oversee the club’s communications and marketing and work with the junior marketing manager on the website, newsletters and promotional activities. Someone who may do this as a day job who can manage a small team of people within the club to looking after comms.
- Kitchen manager (paid) – to run the kitchen on game days and Thursday nights, offering food in compliance with the requirements of the club’s liquor license. This could be an opportunity for Junior grades to fundraise for tournaments or for someone who is keen on hospitality and would like to further themselves. Terms negotiable.
- Cleaner (paid) – to provide cleaning services once a week for the clubrooms. Ideally this would be on a Thursday night, but is negotiable.