We’re stoked to welcome a number of new people in to roles to help make the club tick including three new junior grade managers and accepted the resignation of Damien Gartner as junior captain. Thank you for your time and effort and your many years as grade manager!
We’re keen to boost the ranks with more people who are willing to share their skills and know-how. Helping out doesn’t mean countless committee meetings! We have a number of smaller roles that can be done throughout the year in small chunks.
We’d like to fill these roles:
- Event day helpers – to help look after activities, pick up a paintbrush, get behind a BBQ or be meters and greeters. We have a fun day coming up 🙂
- Junior secretary – to take notes at monthly junior meetings and share them with the team.
- Junior events coordinator – to help arrange a couple of fun days like “Orange Day” throughout the season.
- Junior tournament coordinator – to share a calendar of tournaments with the club, coordinate entries and help manage budget allocations.
- Junior treasurer – to work with the club treasurer and report on junior financial matters and inform decisions.
- Junior captain – to lead the junior grade managers and other support roles within the wider junior team. This role reports to the senior executive and is suited to someone with strong leadership and communication skills. Governance experience is a bonus. Nominations close on 4 February.
- Junior vice-captain – to support the junior captain, provide advice and liaise with the club executive.
- Club sponsorship manager – to maintain relationships with our sponsors and develop future sponsorship opportunities.
- Club marketing manager – to oversee the club’s communications and marketing and work with the junior marketing manager on the website, newsletters and promotional activities. Someone who may do this as a day job who can manage a small team of people within the club to looking after comms.
- Boys youth grade manager (U15s + U17s) – to coordinate trials, teams, coaches and be a central communication point during season for the grade.
- Kitchen manager (paid) – to run the kitchen on game days and Thursday nights, offering food in compliance with the requirements of the club’s liquor license. This could be an opportunity for Junior grades to fundraise for tournaments or for someone who is keen on hospitality and would like to further themselves. Terms negotiable.
- Cleaner (paid) – to provide cleaning services once a week for the clubrooms. Ideally this would be on a Thursday night, but is negotiable.