We’re keen to boost the ranks with more people who are willing to share their skills and know-how. Helping out doesn’t mean countless committee meetings!
We’d like to fill these roles:
- Junior grade convenors – co-ordinate grades, organise trials, appoint coaches and managers, represent your grade on the Junior Sub-Committee
- Junior marketing manager – to manage the junior marketing and comms (web updates, social media, Mailchimp newsletter, Upper Hutt Leader)
- Junior secretary – to take notes at monthly junior meetings and share them with the team.
- Junior events and/or tournament coordinator – to help arrange a couple of fun days like “Orange Day” and junior tournaments throughout the season. Helpers also required to help look after activities, pick up a paintbrush, get behind a BBQ or be meeters and greeters at club events.
Please contact Junior Captain, Glynn Paling, 021 242 6486 for more information about these junior roles.
- Club marketing manager – to oversee the club’s communications and marketing and work with the junior marketing manager on the website, newsletters and promotional activities. Someone who may do this as a day job who can manage a small team of people within the club looking after comms.
- Men’s club captain – representing our senior male players on the Club Executive, being the main point of contact between our senior men’s teams and club management.
- Clubrooms manager – to manage the bar and clubrooms (can be combined with kitchen manager). Ideally you’ll hold your Bar Manager’s Certificate but we can support you through the process if required.
- Kitchen manager – to run the kitchen on game days and Thursday nights, offering food in compliance with the requirements of the club’s liquor license. This could be an opportunity for Junior grades to fundraise for tournaments or for someone who is keen on hospitality and would like to further themselves.
- Cleaner – to provide cleaning services once a week for the clubrooms. Ideally this would be on a Thursday night, but is negotiable.
For more information or to register your interest in any of these club roles, please contact club chairman Tristan Elder.