We’ve made some changes to dates and have announced times – please check below.
When and where?
UHCF Clubrooms, Maidstone Park
– First Kicks – Saturday 25 August, games at normal time then prizegiving from around 9:30am.
– 7th Grade – Saturday 25 August, 8:45am
– 8th Grade – Saturday 25 August, 8:00am
– U17 boys + U18 girls – Monday 10 September, 7pm
Heretaunga Christian Centre, Lane Street:
– 9th + 10th Grades – Friday 14 September, 6 – 7:30pm
– 11th + 12th Grades – Tuesday 11 September, 6 – 7:20pm
– 13th, 14th Grade – Tuesday 11 September, 7:40pm – 9pm
Congratulations to all players for their energy and participation throughout the season.
These are chosen by each team’s coach. Nominations to your grade manager by 13 August 2018.
Player of the Year (each team, 7th grade up)
The player who has made an outstanding contribution to the team, attendance at training, their willingness to be flexible & rotate positions – i.e. best player in team this year
Most Improved Player (each team, 7th grade up)
The player who has made the biggest gains throughout the season. It may be skill but it may also be listening, participation, leadership.
Sportsmanship Award (each team, 9th grade up)
The player who has made the biggest impact towards your team and competitors, both on and off the pitch. Key words for this award would be attitude, fairness, grace in defeat, and courtesy.
These are open for nominations for coaches, managers or parents from across the club. Nominations for club awards to Damien Gartner email@example.com by 13 August 2018.
This award can be given to anybody within the junior club [not a player] i.e. a parent/guardian that has been helpful/generous, a person who has served the junior club e.g. as Committee member/coach/manager, a sponsor who has been more than generous over a period of time. It can’t be won by the same person more than once.
‘Adams Cup’ Coach of the Year Award
This award is for a special coach or assistant coach for the year – nominations are accepted from UH City Football Club parents/guardians. Please state a valid reason for the nomination which should include:
* What makes this coach special?
* How this coach has been an influence on their team/child?
* Does this coach emphasis fair play, team spirit and have the respect of officials and opposition?
* Has this coach gone ‘above and beyond’ to promote the club and inspire the future of football?
The Lennie”scholarship and trophy
This is a scholarship set up in honour of Lorraine Bowring who did a massive amount of work to set up junior girls football at UHCF and who has recently returned to help coach our U18 Girls. The winner receives $200 to go toward their future football career, whether that be paying for next seasons club fees, new boots or a contribution towards academies or training programmes. Write a letter/story that explains the nominees’ development over the season, not necessarily based on talent but someone who showed skills and values in: fair play, teamwork, respect, confidence, resilience and determination, commitment and passion.
The senior women’s team will assess all the nominees and choose a winner.
Nominations close 22nd August 12pm to Kirsty Windelburn – firstname.lastname@example.org
– – – – –
For more information on prizegiving contact your grade manager.